In NURS 3052: Canadian Health Care Systems, you will explore current health care issues, debates, and trends.
This Virtual Library Workshop has been developed to provide research support throughout the course, which you can access at any time. Consisting of 4 parts, the workshop will introduce you to search techniques and resources that will assist with:
- Finding Course Readings. This semester, some course readings are news articles. Part 1 of this workshop provides instructions on how to conduct a search for news articles using the Humber Libraries website.
- Your Seminar Presentation Assignment. Your seminar presentation assignment requires you to review and discuss a Canadian health care topic using a newspaper article, information from credible nursing organizations, Canadian statistics, and legal documents. Parts 1-4 of this workshop provides instructions and resources to support you.
After reviewing the content of this workshop, you should be familiar with:
- Researching news articles
- Exploring nursing organization/association websites to identify position statements
- Locating Canadian statistics
- Exploring legal documents, such as the Canada Health Act
Use the 4 tabs above to navigate through the Virtual Library Workshop.
Read carefully, and allow yourself time to explore the content and to practice searching before completing the Quiz in your Blackboard course site.